Phantom 2 Upgrade to Version 3
DJI has recently began shipping the version 3 of their DJI Phantom 2 Range. Aerial-Drones is now offering the opportunity to upgrade your older Phantom 2 version 2 to the newer version 3 specification.
The selective upgrade can provide the following benefits.
- The upgraded remote control comes with many new features. A gimbal control dial, trainer port, built-in rechargeable LiPo battery with a capacity of 2000mAh, battery level LED indicators and throttle locking feature that holds the throttle stick in place when descending are all included. The new remote control is compatible with the old and new Phantom 2.
- Left Dial Turn the dial to the right, and the camera will shift to point upwards. Turn the dial to the left, and the camera will shift to point downwards. The camera will keep its current position if the dial is static.
- Built in LiPo battery The remote control includes a rechargeable LiPo battery with a capacity of 2000mAh. You can monitor the current battery level using the LED indicators on the front panel of the remote control
- Charging the Remote Control Charge the remote control’s battery by using the included micro-USB cable. The LED indicators will display solid red when chargin is in progress. The LED indicators will display solid green when the battery is fully charged.
- Throttle Lock Pull down the throttle stick to decend. The stick will lock into place and the aircraft will decend steadily. Push the throttle stick upward to release throttle lock.
- Trainer Port Connect the remote control to the computer via the trainer port to run simulation application to practise your flying skills.
- The compass is a key component that works with the on-board GPS to fly steadily and accurately. The new, anti-static compass which DJI have developed has a protective shell to help shield it from external interference. This feature will help prevent not only physical damage to the compass, but will also help prevent static interference.
- New motors, propellers, and ESCs combine to give you greater thrust and control than ever before. You can load more equipment on your Phantom, and achieve up to 200g per arm of extra thrust when using a 3S LiPo battery.
Turn Around Time: 2-4 business days in most cases (availability of parts dependant).